Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What a cute boy!

Elijah is such a fun, soft hearted boy!  Here are a few highlights for his last month:

1.  He finally got to start preschool.  He has been asking to start for as long as I can remember.  I am doing a coop with 5 other moms and he is having a great time.  He works h
ard and is his own person, but has fun with the other kids!
2.  He got a ribbon at the fair!  Elijah, Christian and I went to the fair on preschool day and we had a great time.  We visited the animals and exhibits and then of course we went to watch the Great Alaska Racing Pigs.  There were probably about 200 kids and Elijah was chosen to be a cheerleader for one of the pigs.  He chose to cheer for Sloppy Joe.  (To this day, if Christian hears someone say Sloppy Joe, he laughs hysterically and yells Sloppy Joe running!).  His pig got second and he won a ribbon.

3.  Elijah made friends with a preying mantis.  I was cleaning out the last of our summer garden,  and getting it ready to plant our fall crops when I found a toad, various disgusting bugs, snails and a preying mantis.  I brought it over for the kids to see.  Aubrey and Courtney were afraid of it, but Elijah held out his arm and let it climb all over him.  It perched on his ear for quite a while and would have stayed there if Elijah hadn't decided to run and play!  Isn't he a good looking boy?  I love this picture of him!

No comments: