Despite a nervous stomach and anxious start to 3rd grade, we are all thrilled that we had Courtney skip 2nd grade. She has done phenomenally well in all her subjects ( she gets upset when she gets an A- on a paper or test). Courtney has been outgoing and made several new friends. She has gained tremendous respect from the teacher and students around her and we are very proud of her.
Today, she had a multiplication bee in her class and she WON! She was so excited to tell me after school. She said," my legs were shaking and my stomach had about a gazillion butterflies because last year I was just a 1st grader, but I knew that 3x7 was 21 and I won! Her teacher has a grand puba hat she got to wear for the day and the class all hailed her!
Courtney has also started piano and again is excelling. She teaches herself how to read the notes even before her teacher goes over them. We'll have to take video and post it soon. She has her first recital coming up in a couple months.
We get her report card next week and will post a picture of all the A's I am sure she'll have!
1 comment:
Smart genes must run in your family! Glad to see you are doing so well.
Post a Comment