I have been doing more freezer cooking to avoid spending unnecessary money on convenience foods, and on Monday I made almost 20 meals in about 3 hours. I was so proud of myself for getting it done and it feels good to know that we will be able to have a good dinner ready even on the days I am most busy.
Mark is off to a tournament again this weekend, has been gone since Thursday and will be back sometime tomorrow (Sunday). So, I had talked myself out of going out to wave signs for Prop. 8 ( the marriage ammendment) but at the last minute called a babysitter and went. I am really glad that I did. It was a positive experience, despite a few expletives yelled and not so friendly waves, for the most part we got thumbs up and honks and waves. I have really gained understanding of how crucial it is that we do all that we can to make this pass so Mark and I are making our best efforts to get out and help even more than we have been doing so we have done our part.
Tonight was the adult session of stake conference and again I almost used the excuse of Mark being gone not to go, but got a babysitter and went and again I am glad I did. We had an area authority 70 who spoke and talked about all the hard times our country is going through now and how we have much more to come. He encouraged us to not pray for these things to stop because in doing so, we are praying for the Lord to not fulfill prophecy. I had never thought of it that way. He then testified that the natural disasters and other hard things that we face can not take away from us anything of real value, only the breaking of covenants can do that. All things we know, but it is good to be reminded.
1 comment:
Um, yeah you HAVE been busy! Happy belated b-day to Mark too. I just thought of you a second ago when I was putting my foot up, I was supposed to go to that forum tonight but I've been in a Darvocet-haze the past few days, read my blog...my highchair attacked me!
Post a Comment