

For the last two weeks, Courtney did her annual summer swim lessons. By total coincidence our good friends from down the street had two of their kids in the same group as Courtney. She had a great time and did an amazing job. She's been a good swimmer the last couple of years, but really did well learning the strokes this year. She can now do butterfly, freestyle and backstroke.


When I was finding her pictures to post, I realized I never posted the other kids swim lessons they did a month or so ago. Thanks to the tabacco settlement a few years ago here in California, there are some prolific First 5 California programs. One of the programs they ran this year was $25- 10 week swim lessons for kids 5 and under. We signed up the three younger kids then and Courtney was the photographer. The kids all did well. Christian is a little water baby...in fact a couple of days ago we were swimming at a friends house and put arm floaties on him and he swam by himself! Elijah is my most cautious and still not too sure about the water, but is getting braver. Aubrey really came into her own this year in swimming. I was frustrated with the lack of progress, but then two days before the end, she decided to put her face in the water while trying to swim to her teacher. When she did that she transformed her stroke from doggie paddle to freestyle. She took off across the pool like it was nothing and has not stopped since. She can do a standing dive perfectly now and even did a flip off the diving board a few days ago. It is what we have always known about aubrey- that once she gets over her initial fears, she can do amazing things and there is no stopping her!



1 comment:
Somebody caught the blogging bug! :)
Great pics of the kids in their summer activities! I was totally laughing about Elijah thinking Sports Camp should have tents! That's cute! I hope you guys are having fun in Vegas! See ya when you get back!
Post a Comment