
As many of you know for the past few weeks, there has been a lot going on for Mark at his high school, South High, which had lead him to consider positions at other schools in Bakersfield and even some aministrative jobs in Idaho. So, a couple of weeks ago he interviewed at Independence High School. It is a new school opening in Bakersfield a few miles from our house. It is opening for 9th and 10th graders and adding a grade each year until it is a full high school. ( Incidentally I started as a sophomore in a school that opened like this and absolutely loved it- it is a great way to open a school.) Anyway, we hadn't heard back for almost two weeks and on Friday Mark decided to stop by and see what was going on. The assistant principal was happy to see him and after a short conversation offered him a job as an English teacher and Forensics coach there. They are also hiring an assistant coach, which I think is fabulous news, since i am hoping that he wants to do a lot of the travelling and weekend work and Mark won't have to be gone quite so much. He will also be able to bring the grant that he has been working on at South and open it at the new school. This is great news for Mark since he has loved working with it and feels it is cutting edge stuff in education. He has also been hired to be a consultant for the same grant and oversee and direct the opening of it at 4 new high schools throughout California. We feel amazingly blessed in how this has all worked out and are very excited for Mark. We know that the Lord's hand has been in this as He is in all of our lives. The assistant principal, in the course of the offer, called Mark a gift from heaven, as he fit exactly what they needed. Of course, I know that he is a gift from heaven and am tremendously grateful for such a loving, helpful, supportive, hardworking husband, who leads, guides and supports his family better than I could ever ask for. We are love him and are very proud of him!
2 comments:
I am so happy for you guys. You have done so much good where you are, I hate to see you leave it behind.
Of course I would love to have you in Idaho, but I think your job situation is so much better in Bakersfield.
Sometime I would like to have a long conversation with you guys about education-realted issues. I am deep into it in Idaho.
The one thing that I like so much about Idaho is that it being such a small state, if you get involved, you can really make a difference.
Good luck at your new high school. I only hope we can get one built here soon!
Congratulations Mark!
Post a Comment