Wednesday, June 18, 2008

College Roomates



My freshman year at BYU, I lived in Heritage Halls on campus, where I had 5 other girls I had never met for roomates. We had so much fun! We were an eclectic group of girls to end up together, but we made it work and had a great year. We lived together again the next year, until Kim got married and then Jill and I along wih another roomate Ruth were even in the MTC at the same time a couple years later.
Yesterday, I had the chance to get together with two of those roomates and their children. We are in Las Vegas for the National Forensics Tournament where Mark has a student competing. My roomate Jill lives here and Kim made the trip down from St. George to see us both. We met at Jill's house, let the kids play, ordered pizza and talked about the good old days. It was funny to see what each of us recalled and didn't recall. All 6 of us who were together that year are still active in the church and leading very different lives, but doing well. It is afun to see what BYU looks like 14 years later! It had been 8 years since I'd seen Jill and 10 since I had seen Kim. They are amazing women now, doing great things and raising tremendous children. I am glad we had this opportunity to see each other- let's not wait another 10 years before we do it again girls!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shannon- Thanks for getting us together. It was so fun and I'm so proud of all of us...being mom's and all! I hope the rest of your trip goes really well! Love ya- Kim