Well, I have not blogged for almost 2 months, even though and I guess because, there has been so much going on. I have just been too busy to sit down and organize the thoughts of everything going on.
On Monday night that all changed and now I have all the time in the world to blog and read and as Mark puts it " get the break I have always wanted". This isn't exactly what i had in mind!
Monday night I started having contractions and bleeding ( sorry if that's TMI) so I called my doctor who said to go straight to the hospital. The nurse was clearly very concerned from the second she first saw me and called for my doctor to come in right away. He got to the hospital soon after and did an ultrasound. To our great relief, the baby looked very well. We found the source of my problems, though, is placenta previa. This means the placenta is completely covering the cervix, rather than in the top of the uterus where it should be. There are a lot of complications that go along with it. So, after a couple days in the hospital, I am home and on complete bed rest. I am only to get up to use the bathroom. In three weeks I will go back to the doctor and he will reassess. There is a possibility that it will resolve itself as the uterus grows, but in my case that does not appear very likely. But, with the power of prayer, anything is possible, so we ask for all the prayers out there to help us get through this. There is no immediate danger to the baby, other than if I have problems again and they have to deliver too early. The first goal at this point is to get to 28 weeks ( I am 19 right now). If I make it to that point, they will deliver at the first sign of any problems. The next goal will be 34 weeks and when I make it there, they will schedule my c section. We are confident that all will be well, but it is hard for me to get through each day on bed rest, feeling like I am missing out on so much with each of the other four kids. They have been great. Mark is wonderful.
My amazing mom dropped everything and flew in immediately to relieve some of the stress. She will be here until Tuesday and then I know that my ward and good friends here will pick up the slack and I will make it through, I am just now sure how right now! Please keep us in your prayers that I can be well and keep this baby inside long enough!
Thursday, May 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
thought about you at open house last nite when I saw your family... I thought hmmm I wonder what she is doing right now?? so I guess writing this blog... well you didn't miss much.. it was so weird the way they did it.. one teacher even said she liked it better because she gets to socialize hmmm!!! anyways hope your doing o.k. and i'm here to "pick up the slack" when you need me... and your family will continue to be in my prayers!!
Sending many prayers your way. I had placenta previa with Mikkayla, but it wasn't too bad and it resolved on its own. Anything is possible. Just remember that Heavenly Father is in charge and it very aware of what you're going through. Do you need dinner? Cleaning? A babysitter? Let me know if there's anything I can do!
Prayers are a-comin!! I know a little bit of what you're going through - but I only had 3 days of bed rest...and after day 1 you are ready to get OUT!! :) Hang in there, take care of yourself and your baby and you'll be fine - and call me when you're bored!!!!
That has got to be hard for such an active momma. I am sorry. Our prayers will be with you too.
Post a Comment