Saturday, May 17, 2008

Slip Sliding Away is our nice weather...







We can officially no longer brag about our weather...yesterday we had a record breaking high of 105 and record breaking low of 74. We actually had a blackout last night. Mark is at Fathers/sons campout with Elijah. The girls and I ( with Christian) had some friends over to make pizza and play. They were up watching videos until Midnight and both the girls and I fell asleep on the pull out in the family room. I woke up HOT at 2 am to find that we had no power, therefore no ac or fans. It was 82 in our house and only 5 degrees cooler outside. I have to assume it was a rolling blackout, though the apartments behind our house still had all the outside lights on, but our neighborhood streetlights and everything were out. Luckily it came back on by 3 am and I was able to cool down the house a bit. I can't wait to get to Alaska and Hawaii this summer!!!



I had been telling the kids since Aubrey received a slip n slide for her birthday in March that they could slide when it got to 90. I thought I was safe until they got out of school....alas, they remembered and have been diligently checking the temperature every day when Courtney got home from school and on Tuesday they found it was 92 and out came the slip n slide. They had a lot of fun and I had fun watching them!

2 comments:

The Nates said...

Oh I love the slip 'n slide. I'll never forget the day we had it set up on our big hill at our house in Ohio. Ron came home from school and took a running dive (fully dressed) on the thing. You know the BIG warning that says "do not run and land on your belly if you are an adult?" (or something like that.) Well, Ron wrenched the heck out of his neck and was hurting for a week. But it was so fun to see him slide with his "school clothes" on.

Speaking of weather. We are in the douldrum here. Rainy, wet and cold. Send us some sun!!

Mark and Shannon Family said...

Funny!! After this heatwave, we were down to 55 over memorial day weekend- it was too crazy to even enjoy it! Now we are back in some pretty nice weather with 70s...won't last long though I am sure!